Friday, November 29, 2013

how Thanksgiving was

Turkey carcass simmering on the stove.  We are having turkey vegetable soup and dumplings this evening.  Our Thanksgiving holiday was simple and easy.  We had a co-worker and her husband over with a friend of theirs', a friend of mine that used to be my co-worker, and our friend from church.  So, there were nine of us.

The Menu:

~Turkey
~Mashed Potatoes
~Gravy
~Sweet Potato Casserole
~Corn Bread Stuffing
~Green Beans
~Rolls
~Cranberry Sauce
~Vegetable Tray
~Peanut Butter Chocolate Cream Pie
~Pumpkin Pie
~Spiced Apple Cider

All the food turned out beautifully.  After everyone left Aaron and I took the dogs for a walk around the neighborhood.  We smelled lots of Thanksgiving meals, saw lots of full houses, and had a nice time alone.  The rest of the evening was spent in a coma, or as near to it as possible.

I worked the day before the holiday and we were ever so very busy.  I also worked today (Black Friday) and we were again ever so very busy.  As the schedule has it I also work Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas.  But, I'm thankful to have a job, a way to help out my family even though it's hard, and sometimes I have to drag myself out of the house to get to work because all I want to do is be home and be June Cleaver.



No comments:

Post a Comment