Saturday, November 23, 2013

vantage point

From my vantage point here at the dining room table I can see my 14 year old son.  His body sunk down in the couch, feet up on the coffee table, dog curled up on his lap and another dog laying on the floor in front of him.  The picture of contentment as he plays a video game.

Also from my vantage point I can see into the kitchen where there is a beautiful, big turkey, baked golden brown and juicy, cooling on the stove.  He's our bird for Thanksgiving dinner at church tomorrow.  Next to him is a nice pot of perfect gravy.  Across the way on the counter is my favorite sweet potato casserole, also for church dinner.

Blake is off at Caleb's house today.  They have goats and chickens and cats and a dog and a really big house and it is just so much fun there!  Caleb is a good friend for my Blake.  And his family is pretty special too.

We went to see Catching Fire last night.  I think that was the first time I've ever been to a movie on opening day and it was packed!  I've only ever seen a theatre that packed when we went to the movies in San Diego with my sister.  Beth, do you remember how everyone applauded at the end of that movie?  At the end of the movie last night it was mostly groaning because it left you hanging for the third movie.  After all three of them are out I'm going to buy or rent them all and have a Hunger Games marathon, watching from beginning to end in one sitting.  It's already decided.

And for this Saturday that is all I have to say.  I shall continue to drink my venti Starbuck's Americano and finish my to-do list.

*EDIT- apparently the creators of the Hunger Games movies decided to torment us even more and break the third book into 2 movies!!  Next November will be part 1 and the November of 2015 will be part 2.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment