Monday, September 30, 2013

fare thee well

It's the last day of September. 

Last day.

Of S-e-p-t-e-m-b-e-r.

!!

Full swing into fall here with crazy rain and wind storms.  The mountain passes are reporting fresh snow. 

This week we are getting our chimney cleaned out and the fireplace fixed up so we can have some cozy fires in the near future.  Even though the temps have cooled, our new little house has stayed pretty warm without needing to turn on the baseboards.  That is a good thing because the baseboards are old and stinky and need replacing before we want to turn them on.

This past weekend I was able to go to the Northwest Baptist Ladies Conference.  It's a two day conference and there were almost 200 ladies in attendance this year.  Every year this event is such a blessing to me.  I'm challenged and refreshed and I get to see lots of my friends that I only see maybe once a year.  This year I was surprised to run into a friend that I'd lost touch with 11 years ago!

While I was gone at the conference I received a text from my husband with a picture attached.  The picture was of a toilet.  He had just finished installing our new one.  The joys of home ownership just keep rolling in!  And that is not a complaint!!  I'm thankful for the new toilet as the old one leaked.  The list of projects and upgrades makes me laugh.  This week toilet, next week baseboards.

The cool fall weather, colorful leaves floating to the ground, fat raindrops and mud puddles; the whole thing has me delighting in comfort foods.  This evening I will delight in meatloaf and cheesy scalloped potatoes.  I delight in good food. 

Well, the boys are back from a long bike ride and I have a list of things to get done.

Fare thee well September!

Welcome back October!

1 comment:

  1. I am so behind over here at this little spot!
    So you've moved? When did this happen? and Yay! for a new toilet. We have one leaking that needs to be replaced soon.

    Your new niece...saw her over on your sister's blog..what a doll! Congratulations. :)
    I know this was written a few days ago, but we're having meatloaf and potatoes for dinner tonight too.
    Now that my farmer's markets are all finished up for the summer I will have more time to visit.
    Happy Thursday to you. :)

    ReplyDelete