Saturday, August 30, 2014

for today

 
Outside my window...
it's a grayish, Autumnish sort of Saturday.  Too warm for sweaters, but cool enough to start baking.

 
 
 
I am thankful...
Some people are just truly kind and it makes all the evil in this world a little less in the forefront when we can love and be loved.  It's part of why we are here, why we live; "love one another as I have loved you" (John 13:34 and John 15:12).  Be kind.  Be courteous.  Be a light in the darkness.  I'm thankful for those that do.

 
 
In the kitchen...
~brownies with a chocolate-peanut butter glaze
~peanut butter cookies
~"Dreamy" bread from my friend Sandi's recipe

 
 
I am wearing...
jeans, a pink t-shirt, messy bun
 
 
 
 
I went...
 back to school shopping with my fellas yesterday.  If the back-to-school part were not enough, the first pumpkin spice latte of the season put it over the edge.  I'm jumping into this season with both ankle-boot clad feet! 

 
 
 
I am reading...
Talking Dirt  by Annie Spiegelman, and daydreaming about next Spring's garden
 

 
 
I am hoping...
my chickens start laying soon!  They are 18 weeks old now.  I bought them some white ping pong balls in the hopes that they'll realize that round white things are boring, dull, unappealing objects and there won't be an egg eater in the bunch.

 
 
Around the house... 
freshly swept and all the laundry is put away, the doggies are both sleeping as I sit here and type.  Some "golden oldies" music is playing.  The boys are off with friends.

 
 
 
A favorite quote for today... 
 
Never look down on someone unless you're helping them up.

 
 
 
One of my favorite things...
 
Netflix dates with my husband.  Right now we are watching the first season of "Revolution". 
 
 
 
 
A peek into my day... 
 
Thai lunch for one
 
Eli McBride's photo.

2 comments:

  1. How are you liking the series?? I haven't seen it.
    Your food looks so good, I love mushrooms added to dishes, but rarely do it b/c the children don't like them.
    I can't wait until I hear about your chickens laying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shanda, Revolution is a pretty good show to watch with a husband because it has the guy stuff but it also has a really good storyline. There is quite a bit of war-like violence. The story just really has me captured.

      I love mushrooms too! And I can't wait till the chickens lay. I remember when yours first did and how exciting it was. There was a big storm today that really had mine frightened. Poor girls.

      Delete