Friday, August 2, 2013

what's for dinner

I got off work a little early today.  It's amazing what one extra hour will do for a person!  Even starting at 5 a.m. and working 7 hours couldn't get me down.  And for that, I'm thankful!

My Blake and I produced some really yummy triple chocolate chip cookies.  It's a rainy day and that's how rainy afternoons are supposed to be spent, making cookies.

The schoolwork we are all chugging through has been corrected.  I'm up-to-date on all grading.  One on one time went well, one student needing assistance with adverb prepositional phrases in English and the other needing assistance with absolute value in Math.

One of my favorite things to do is watch Jeopardy.  I seriously love that show.  I could never win because the button pushing and speed required just get me flustered but sitting at home, playing along, I get to feeling pretty smart.  This past week has been Kids' Week on Jeopardy and the couple of times we've been home to watch, the boys play along.  It's encouraging to see the knowledge that they possess in a variety of areas.

 Dinner tonight will be pork fried brown rice with all sorts of vegetables.  Love me some rice!  Blake tends to roll his eyes when he asks what's for dinner and my answer is "arroz con pollo!".  I saw it on Lucy once and can never forget it.  




No comments:

Post a Comment