Wednesday, August 21, 2013

the composer

When listening to a symphony the music swells and dips, it weaves and swerves, and the listener can never tell where the music may go next.  Each note is new and exciting.  

It can be easy to get lost in a piece of music, lost in the sixteenth notes, lost in a pause, unsure of where the composer was trying to take it.  But there is beauty in trusting the music, trusting that the composer knows his art, knows the rhythm and tenor of his piece.  

When you can just listen without questioning, just hear the layers of instruments, hear the occasional breath of a musician, oh my wow, I can't even explain.  For me, a piece of music can make my heart swell, or draw tears of emotion to my eyes.  It can bolster my soul or bring colors of memory to mind.  I allow myself to be at the mercy of the composer, his art weaving in and out of my heart.

How much more when GOD is the composer!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post.
    First, I know exactly what you mean. A cello solo, a violin piece... it can make me cry. There is such beauty in a symphony.

    You are right...how much more when God is the composer. So much more, SO much more!

    ReplyDelete