Thursday, June 23, 2016

Day 17

Wherein I write about the time my husband went to Alaska to work on a commercial fishing boat...

It is a wet and rainy Thursday.  I woke today and half-heartedly pulled the blankets up to resemble a made bed.  I'm on my third cup of Tony's coffee.  My place on the couch is marked by a fuzzy blanket, a spread of art supplies, and a mystery novel.  This is my place today.



My husband is "at sea" for the foreseeable future and communication is sparse.  It could be another month before we are together again.  Sometimes I torment myself by imagining that he's just gone to run an errand and any moment he's going to pull up to the house and come inside with his bright smile like he was never even gone.  I like doing life alongside him so much.

Our eldest son is now a licensed driver.  And legally insured (be still my racing heart $$$).  His first licensed and unsupervised venture was a joyride with his brother all over the back roads of our island.




  Pictures from Day 9.... my 38th birthday

Flowers from my husband

 
Ice cream cake

 
 
And my sister was here.  We spent a wonderful week together.  We did a lot and we did nothing and both were equally great!
 
I did a photoshoot with my birthday flowers....
 


 


  Photos from Day 14.... Friday Harbor

My sister and I took the ferry to Friday Harbor and had the BEST day of exploring and chatting and shopping and coffee drinking.  I would do it all again in a heartbeat.





See the kitty??
 
 
 
 


 
 

 
 

 
 


Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I had such a fun time with you and your sons. I miss you all very much. Your pictures are lovely!

    ReplyDelete