Saturday, April 19, 2014

meanderings

There is a pigeon nearby, calling over and over again.  What is he saying?  Whatever it is, he is adamant about it.

The cherry tree is in full bloom.  White blossoms.  I thought cherry trees always blossomed pink.

We are going to a new dentist next week.  This requires an hour of filling out paperwork which I am breaking down to 10 minute increments over the course of a week.  Got to pace yourself, you know?

I planted thyme.  It takes 120-180 days to harvest.  4 or 5 months.  I think I know how it got it's name.

Blake and I went to the Country Store and saw some adorable little turkey chicks.  These little chicks were so inquisitive and very playful.  One craned it's little neck to watch me and it's big eyes just made me laugh.

I made this:

 
This is not a picture of mine although mine looks almost identical.  It is a potato tower.  I planted 4 different types of potatoes in my tower in rich chicken manure soil.  When I was through with that, I planted some spaghetti squash seeds elsewhere.  I think I'm done with spring planting now but I'd love to try a late summer planting for a second harvest.
 
We finished first semester this week.  18 weeks in, 18 weeks to go.  And always the question: am I doing enough?
 
Tonight's dinner:  Pioneer Woman's Sloppy Joes, corn on the cob, fresh fruit salad.
 
 
TPW_3711
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment