Friday, April 4, 2014

Friday


Outside my window...
 
Spring is here, Spring is here, Spring is here!  It's our first Spring in our new house so it's fun to see what sorts of things come up out of the ground and also to see how the bushes and trees change.
 
Today it is nice and sunny but still a little chilly (56).

 
I am thinking...
 
Work was really busy today.  As the months progress it gets busier and busier.  I'm thankful for a job.  Thankful for the gas and grocery money.

 
I am thankful...
 
Lately I've been really thankful for the town we call home.  It's just a small town but I'm really, really happy here.  The people make it nice.  The location is beautiful.  I just miss my family so much.  But still thankful.
 
 
In the kitchen...
 
By request of my youngest son, this is dinner:
 
baked chicken
baked sweet potatoes
asparagus
French bread
 

I am wearing...
 
Loose fit jeans (they are too big but I can't get rid of them!)
my new favorite tee from Old Navy, it's almost as soft as a baby's bum (vintage style, heathered blue, with 3/4 sleeves)
blue K-9 Rocket flats
And rocking a fresh haircut.
 

I am going...
 
to relax this evening and watch a movie with my family (Gravity)
 
 
 
 
I am looking forward to...
 
a good morning workout (love Saturdays) and the rest of the day at home.  I have a big list of to-do's...why do I always have this list?  BUT, I have a to-do list app on my phone that I adore.  Seriously, this has become my most present companion.  And when I complete a task, I just slide my finger across the screen and it draws a line right through it.  Love this technology.
 
Also looking forward to getting my garden planted next week.  NEXT week!  And we're getting chickens this month.  Woot!

I am learning...
 
This 35th year of mine has certainly brought with it some clarity.  Inward reflection has revealed parts of myself that were forgotten or just not yet found.  The revealings unearth great things but I've spied some dark corners that had been covered over.  I know that this realization is a good thing ultimately but it also scares me a bit, knowing that I can't just leave things be.  As I grow in grace and wisdom, I must face the ugly shadows within myself.
 
 

From our schoolroom (aka: the dining room)...
 
We're finishing up week 17 this week and we're taking next week off of school (Spring Break!).  One week beyond that and we'll be done with the first semester.
 
 

A favorite quote for today...
 
"A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it.
It just blooms."

 
Just bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment