Thursday, December 5, 2013

this is life

Do you know the feeling where you have so much to get done yet your body just will not cooperate?  The feet are heavy, the legs are weak, the mind is wore down.  Yes, that's where I am.

This month is full, as Decembers are.

We are beginning our new year of homeschooling this week.  Strange timing, I know.  Do you love how curriculum is expensive?  I do.  It's my favorite.  Maybe that's why I'm so adamant about using every resource we can through the public school because our taxes are paying for it anyway, we might as well get some use out of it.

Some people get exciting things delivered to their homes.  Today UPS brought us a baseboard heater.  Yesterday we got an Algebra book.  This is life right now: taking care of our home and educating our children.

It's literally freezing in our neck of the woods.  I bring the hummingbird feeder inside at night so it won't freeze.  This morning I took it outside then went back in to get some more bird seed.  When I went out to the patio to spread some seed I notice a hummingbird completely absorbed in eating at the feeder.  It let me get within 3 feet and never once stopped swallowing.  Poor baby was cold and hungry!  Lots and lots of Juncos came to the yard and mixed in among them was one sparrow but I don't think any of them minded.

I should probably get on with my afternoon.  Laundry to wash, schoolwork to correct, apple pie to bake, and maybe some Christmas decorating.

No comments:

Post a Comment