Friday, December 6, 2013

Friday

The big chocolate lab lays just inside the front door, letting out a little whimper now and again.  The boys took little Charlie out for a walk and left him behind.  So he pouts.  It's rather pitiful.

Christmas has descended on our house.  The boys decorated the tree last night (it still looks forlorn and sad).  I found myself  tucking a lot of the décor back into the tote, to come back to next year maybe.  My heart cries for simplicity, so simplicity is my goal.

The apple pie I baked yesterday afternoon was gone by 9 a.m. this morning.  We had it a la mode last night and warmed up for breakfast this morning.  Nothing better.

Aaron got the new baseboard heater installed in our bedroom last evening.  We turned it real low and it sure took the chill out of the air!  It makes it a lot easier to get out of bed in the morning when that chill doesn't loom over a body.

I'm going to fire up the ol' oven and bake some cookies this afternoon.  I haven't decided on peanut butter or oatmeal raisin.  Either way, the kitchen will be warm and my family will feel my love.  Now if I could just kick this headache!  My eyes are watering from the pressure and pain.

Happy weekending friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment