Tuesday, November 27, 2018

quick chat

We're well on our way to December.  The first big wind storm came through last night but today is sunshine and calm.  I know everybody says that time whizzes by and I get it, really I do, but for reals, I don't even know what happened to the last six months.

Our Thanksgiving was pretty low-key.  The boys have been sick.  One had to work.  So, I made too much food for four people and watched part of the parade and played Scrabble and Uno and got in some studying.

Aaron and I drove to Leavenworth for Black Friday.  This has been on my list for some time.  It is a little German town up in the mountains and I've always heard how beautiful it is.  It snowed on us as we drove the 3 hours there.  We listened to Christmas music and drank coffee.  And it was beautiful when we got there.  Christmas lights and decorations and sounds.  And all the people.  So many people.  We ate bratwurst and sauerkraut (he didn't, I did), walked through the shops, watched people, drank more coffee, then decided to drive home.  We'll go back, maybe in the summer or early fall, before the snow when we can enjoy some of the outdoorsy things Leavenworth has to offer.

All in all, things are pretty good around here.

Only three weeks left of my teacher training.  I'll be sad when it's over BUT I'm looking forward to putting the stress of studying and quizzes behind me.  I intend to continue educating myself and reading but at a little more of a relaxed pace and without weekly tests!  I think when it's over mid December, I'll just take the rest of the month and do a simplicity fast.  I'll turn off my social medias, put away the lists upon lists, and just BE until the New Year.  And I'll bake Christmas cookies.  Maybe not every day, but often.

A couple weeks back I was able to do a senior photo session with one of Blake's best friends.  It was such a positive experience and I received positive feedback and it just warmed my heart.  I love taking pictures so much.  And I love working with people who are relaxed and genuine.  This session just fit the bill.

Anyhoo.  I have a quiz tonight and I really need to study because I really want to get out of the house and get outside with my dog.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment