Tuesday, May 24, 2016

victory and musings

Some thoughts on living in victory rather than the trappings of our depravity...

Isn't it time to thank God for His mercy, His goodness, His faithfulness?  While we can recognize our imperfections, we can also hold fast to the grace He has rained down on our very souls, the water that seeps into our blood, and makes us new creatures. 

"We are all broken.  That's how the light gets in."  -Ernest Hemingway

While we are living in our earthly bodies we don't need to wallow around in the dirt and pollution, Jesus didn't defeat death so that we could commiserate on how terrible we all are.  Jesus defeated death so that we could live victorious, reflecting the pure light of God, and drawing others to HIM.

We aren't called to shine our own light.  We are called to reflect His.

O victory in Jesus
My Savior, forever
He sought me and bought me
With His redeeming blood
He loved me ere I knew Him
And all my love is due Him
He plunged me to victory
Beneath the cleansing flood.
 
././././././././././././.
 
 

The other evening leaving church there was a double rainbow.  We watched it most of the way home. 

 
..........................................................


I dropped Austin off at his second to last driver's ed class.  On the way home I borrowed his sunglasses from the community college.  Then I got all nostalgic and thoughtful thinking how our roles have shifted so much and will continue to do so.  How at one time he had little Spiderman sunglasses that wouldn't even fit my face and he sat in the back in his carseat with his little boy shoes.  And now I'm wearing his college sunglasses while driving the car that will be his after he gets his license next week.

 
............................................................
 
Aaron has been working so hard on the house the last couple of weeks.  In preparing to paint he found some things that were not sound and needed to make some repairs.  I'm thankful for him, more than I can ever express. 
 
But, the painting has begun!!  And would you look at that hottie!?
 
 
 
This guy leaves in thirteen days for Bristol Bay, Alaska where he'll be commercial fishing for a good part of the summer.  I'm so very excited for him but also sick to my stomach when I think about being apart.  In our 20 years together the longest we've been apart is 9 days.  It's not going to be easy.  But I expect good things. 
 
....................................................
 
 
Enough musing.  It's time to make some dinner.
 
~Mandarin Beef
~Jasmine Rice
~Steamed Broccoli
 
~Cookie Pizza A La Mode
 



No comments:

Post a Comment