Monday, August 24, 2015

purple mountain majesties



Perhaps I am a cheap date.  Perhaps I need only be tempted by a package of Sour Patch Kids candy and some pretzels to agree to an adventure.  Perhaps I would have gone anyway.
 
Whatever which way, Sunday evening found us at the coldest, windiest beach on our island.  He was fishing, I was taking pictures and eating candy.  Thankfully, someone had built a really great driftwood shelter that I sought solace in when the wind proved to be just too cold.
 
But the sunset was gorgeous.  And the Olympic mountains sang with purple mountains majesties.

 

 
 
After catching the first fish and gutting it, this friend showed up, hoping for his share....






We live in such a beautiful place.  I really can't get enough of it.  And I don't mean it as bragging, it is just fact. 
 
We have a big beautiful sky and too many beaches to count.  And on any Sunday evening we can just get outside and enjoy a sunset like this, and catch delicious salmon, and take glorious pictures, and eat Sour Patch Kids.  Well, you can probably do that last one almost anywhere.



See what I mean about the sky?!?






The catch: two pink salmon.




Let us search and try our ways, and turn again to the Lord.  Let us lift up our heart with our hands unto God in the heavens. 
 
Lamentations 3:40-41

No comments:

Post a Comment