Thursday, December 27, 2018

incredible new year

Already and before we knew it, the year 2018 is drawing to a close.  Years do that now.  They come and they go and we barely have time to get in the habit of writing the new date on checks before it's time to learn a new year (if anybody still writes checks).

I went inward this year and in doing so I regained myself, lost somewhere along the way.  There has been a lot of reflection and soul searching.  Where this leads, I'm not really sure but I do know that I can't go back.  I'm different now.

I quit this year.  I quit needing to please other people.  I quit hiding beneath weakness.  I quit living caged.  And here I am stepping into this new year with my head held high, free to fly.  And I am truly FREE.  By leaving behind what was stagnant and oppressive, I made room for everything good that is coming.

There are some things that are going to happen in 2019.  I'm bursting out of my skin wanting to shout it all from the mountaintops.  But I also see the value in keeping it close to my heart and letting time reveal what it may.  Then I remember to trust my own judgement, when I'm not overthinking things I'm pretty good at knowing when the time is right.

So here is what is coming up:

The first week of January I'll begin teaching yoga.  This is a dream realized.  It didn't just fall into my lap though.  I worked for this and I'll only continue to learn and grow.

The second week of January I'll begin a photo project, creating the illustrations for a yoga teacher training manual.

That is just the first two weeks, you guys.  There is soooo much more.

And all of this because I made a silly list almost two years ago.  That list became my turning point.  It was where I stepped off into possibility.  It fed the fire of desire for freedom that was necessary to bring me to where I am now, on the precipice of one of the most incredible years of my life.

In all of this change and growth and freedom talk, maybe there would be inspiration for someone else to step out of the ridiculous cage.  This side of freedom is a beautiful place to live.  It would be a shame for me to have made this journey without offering my hand to somebody who feels stuck.

This is an incredible life.  And you are capable of so much more than you ever thought possible.  Don't settle.  Freedom is about being so truly, madly, and deeply attached to your own soul that you can't bear a life that doesn't honor it.

I'm here to encourage you to let go.  Let go and be free.

And happy new year to us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment