Thursday, July 27, 2017

business licensing

A package came today.

I haven't opened it yet.

I've been busy with the Small Business Administration.  And the IRS.  And applying for a business license with the state.

You guys!!

The package is my camera and lenses and tripods.  And I'm really doing this.  I'm starting my own business.

It is all at once exhilarating and nauseating.  There is so much to do.  Contracts and sales tax and quarterlies.  A website and a portfolio.

I overwhelm easily so to protect myself I am attempting baby steps.  Manageable chunks of information, little bits at a time.  I'm not going from step one to major corporation overnight.

But all the details aside, the emotional aspect of it is this:  I'M EXCITED!  This is me, my heart, my strength, my ability and maybe, just maybe I can earn some money doing something I really like.

This past year I had an epiphany that if it is at all possible, a person should do what electrifies their soul.  So much time is spent in just surviving that it is easy to forget to LIVE.  So I made myself a list (I love lists!) of the things that electrify me and I began to craft a plan.

Perhaps I will succeed.  Perhaps I will not.  But I'm going to give this a go.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have an important box to open.

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you!!!!! May God totally bless this passion!!! ����

    ReplyDelete