Tuesday, September 13, 2016

summer into fall

Fall has come to the Pacific Northwest.  And it is beautiful.  I think some of our best weather happens in September and early October.  Mornings are crisp and sometimes foggy but by afternoon it is warm and sunny.

I never buttoned up Summer here on my blog.  Pity, I know.  So I have some pictures to share, late summer pictures.

We have beautiful sunsets here, when the sun sinks into the salt water in a fiery splash of color.

 
 
 
I love the layering of blues that the sky, mountains, and water create.
 
 
 
 
Insects are rather indifferent about having their picture taken.
 

 
 

 
 
 
The guys at church sang "Sound The Battle Cry" last month.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Taking pictures of my food....
because sometimes I eat really well.
 
Pic #1 garden fresh summer squash, cherry tomatoes, basil, olive oil
 
Pic #2  slow cooked cinnamon apples with creamy grits
 
Pic #3  avocado, yellow tomatoes, basil, balsamic, salt and pepper
 

 
 
 
I visited this book store recently.  It was so well organized that one would almost hate to move the books for fear of messing with the order.  A little later I was in another book store that was more my speed, big cushy chairs and stacks of books in all the corners. 
 

 
 
The guys rowed the canoe out to that island out there and camped.
I went grocery shopping and ate chips.
 

 
 
The next series of photos was from our day trip to:
 
Fort Warden, Washington
 
 

 


 


 














 
 
Contemplating?
 



The kind of "nice" picture you get when you hang out with crazies.
 
 
 
 
 
Charlie had the best time and he always photographs nicely.




 
Lunch was ordered from this 50's style diner with awesome fixtures that they actually used.
 
The milkshake machine...
 
 
 
The cola fountain...

 
 
Countertop Jukebox selector...

 
 
There.  That was where summer ended.  Now school is in session and we're full swing into schedules and organization and cleaning and baking and candles and the sort.
 
Youngest son is in 10th grade and taking a couple honors-level classes.  He's counting down the days until he can get his learner's permit (just one month!).  And looking forward to getting back into wrestling once the season starts (not soon enough!).
 
Eldest son is a Senior.  He's taking just two classes at the high school and the rest at the community college.  He's serving as the student member of the Community Police Advisory Board and is also volunteering with the Police Department as an Explorer.  Thankfully he has his license and a car!
 
Next time I'll share my favorite coffees and my latest reads.  See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment