Thursday, July 7, 2016

Day 31

Wherein I write about the time my husband went to Alaska to work on a commercial fishing boat...

He's been gone for thirty-one days.  Texts are inconsistent and unreliable.  Phone calls are a rare luxury.  When I'm loneliest I'll reread the texts he's sent, study the pictures that have come through. 

But, we've turned a corner.  We're nearer the end than the beginning.  We're in homecoming month.  And now I look forward to being close to him, holding his hand, spending every day with him. 

We'll be celebrating our 19th wedding anniversary shortly after his return.  And we're taking a trip to Oklahoma together and road-tripping home, just us two.  These thoughts have helped me through many days.

As much as I would have loved to spend every day of the last thirty-one days in my pajamas, I've tried to keep myself active, distracted.  That's not to say I haven't spent my fair share of time doing absolutely nothing.

Day 22: coffee meeting to discuss the church picnic
Day 24: meet up with a friend to talk about her grand adventure to the Dominican Republic
Day 25: make spaghetti and meatballs and have a dinner guest
Day 27: Independence Day church picnic

filling a piñata at the picnic
 



Day 28: home town parade with friends and a movie marathon at home

photographer capturing the folks across the street from us
 




Day 29: take in the mall in Bellingham with Blake

The first sunflower of the summer.
 

I prefer the black and white version (so dramatic!)...
 



And today, Day 31:

Sleep in as late as a teenager.  Get dressed and put some makeup on.  Take myself out for Chinese food.  Walk downtown and hang out at the coffee shop.  Walk through the farmer's market, stopping to listen to the young man playing his violin.



 
 
Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Love that last picture! Wish I was there with you!

    Is that a stitch fix outfit a new hair do or both? Or neither?

    How is the yard work going?

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish you were here too!
      None of what I'm wearing in the pic is StitchFix! I tried a different way to fix my hair that I saw on t.v....just two little messy pigtail buns in the back.
      Yard work....I've almost finished with the ivy removal.

      Delete