Sunday, February 1, 2015

currently

 


Listening... I'm chillin' with my puppy dog, listening to Josh Vietti.  His rendition of "Hallelujah" could possibly be my most favorite of all time.  Goosebumps.  Every time.





Eating...  Since it is Sunday evening we'll be having our traditional "Sunday night sandwiches".  Today we're having salami, aged white cheddar, and focaccia bread.

Drinking...  French pressed coffee

Wearing...  My newest comfy shirt.  A perfect mix of gray and lace - my faves.



Feeling...  Over the last little while I've made some changes for the better, health-wise.  I've been more proactive and purposeful.  Without getting into too many details here,  I can tell you, I feel the difference.  It's not always easy but it's always good.

Strength doesn't come from what you can do, it comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn't.
~~~~~~~~~~ 
 
You must do the thing you think you cannot do.  -Eleanor Roosevelt


Weather...  Our weather has been flirting with Spring.  Some bulbs have already begun to wake up.  My husband dug out my extended garden space this past week!!  THANK YOU!  Now the chickens are doing their share of the work by tilling and fertilizing the soil. 

Looking forward...  This weekend we're off to a couples' conference.  A ferry trip, a hotel stay, some time with like-minded Christian couples, and quality time with my husband.  Yay!

Enjoying...  Extra time with my husband.  He's been home for two weeks now.  HOME.  We're smack dab in the middle of a career change and that change has meant that for now, he's home.  He's able to be involved in our day to day goings on.  He washes dishes and supplies fresh coffee.  I'm totally getting the best end of this deal.

Reading...  Brushed By Feathers - A Year of Birdwatching in the West by, Frances Wood
Just a fun fact, the author lives on the same island as me!

278774


Thinking...  Sometimes I have such a struggle writing this blog.  I enjoy it immensely, love writing, that is.  The struggle comes in knowing the mixed audience that reads what I write.  I don't have anything to hide, no ghosts in the closet, but there are some things that can be divulged in some company and shouldn't be divulged otherwise.  I always tell my husband that a lady always keeps some things mysterious.  And here, in such a public place, there is a lot that needs to be kept a mystery.  So, there's a fine line, a balance in being open and honest but also guarded.  That balance is sometimes so difficult that I just want to give up on the whole blog.  But then, someone that I didn't even know reads my blog will say something, a little encouragement, a word that says "keep going because what you said was just what I needed to hear".  And that's just what I need to hear.

A quote to share...

Inspire

 

No comments:

Post a Comment