Thursday, June 20, 2013

tenderness

Today I'm extra thankful for my husband.  He's such a good man.  Too often  I take that for granted.  I mean, we've been married for a long time, we're best friends, he's faithful and wonderful and amazing.  And when you get to live with that everyday, it becomes normal, 

          when it's anything but.

He's the one that can take my face in his hands, fix his eyes on mine, brimming with tears, and bring me back to earth.  See, it was a meltdown I was having.  The sort where you realize that no matter how early you get up, how late you stay awake, how many little things you brush aside, it is not enough.  In my mind that sounds like, "you are not enough".

But his eyes, his gentleness says, "Those things are not important right now".  And I know he's right and the tears fall anyway.

And I'm reminded that marriage is intended to be a picture of Jesus and us, His saved ones.  And I get it, because I see the love my husband has for me, the sacrifices he continually makes, the tenderness, the effort, the patience.  And that is what Jesus does for us, every day, every moment.

So I'm thankful to my husband for reminding me where my focus ought to be.  And I'm thankful that our relationship shows me a portion of what my relationship with Jesus Christ means.  And I'm thankful to God for creating me for this man that holds my heart in his hand and is so careful, so tender.  And I know that Jesus also holds my heart, looks into my soul, and whispers "those things are not important right now".

1 comment:

  1. So beautifully written. Thank you so much for this precious marriage, dear Jesus! It's a joy and inspiration to see.
    Thanks for sharing, friend...and BTW, I've just joined you here on BlogSpot so come on over to my site and share the love (I'm lonely).
    HUGS.

    ReplyDelete