Monday, January 21, 2019

currently

Here are some things happening around here lately...

watching... I'm picky, soooo picky about watching anything.  Like really, really picky.  So...the safe bet is episodes of I Love Lucy.  And Fuller House (who doesn't love cheesy?).  And maybe once a week I'll catch Jeopardy.

cooking... I haven't cooked for four days.  FOUR!  But tonight I'm making a garlic parmesan pasta soup with salad.

eating...  lunch was takeout from the teriyaki place because both of my boys and I are home all day (rare occasion).  I had vegetable yakisoba.

drinking... all the water, all the coffee, and an Earl Grey Numi tea

calling... rarely

texting... in the last 4 days: Maria, Aaron, Austin, Molly, Dini, Blake, and Anna

doing... researching vaccines for international travel and weighing the pros and cons 

going... tomorrow night we are going to a wrestling dual.  The Senior wrestlers (my boy included) will be honored on this night, their last night to compete in their home gym.

loving... having my boys around, I know our time is short, so I cherish the noises and smells and sounds of their presence

wearing... comfy jeans and a sweatshirt, it's my only do-nothing day

discovering... this month I began a new yoga class at a local studio and I also began teaching a few classes per week at our local fitness center so in all of that I'm discovering new people, new yoga sequences, new waking schedules, new challenges, new accomplishments, and new growth

enjoying... thoroughly enjoying this life I get to live, the changes I've walked through in the last little while have brought me here.  I feel free.  I feel strong.  And I feel thankful.  

feeling... impatient excitement as we count down to our family vacation on Maui.  Sun, sand, and the aloha spirit have been calling since we left Kauai.  I can't wait to get back.

working...  I'm working on a yoga photography project, teaching yoga four times per week, and working 2 shifts per week at the restaurant.  In the in-betweens, I'm practicing a lot of yoga, creating sequences and playlists, keeping my house in order, planning our vacation, and in general, balancing a lot of to-do lists

listening... I listen to a lot of music as I craft playlists to accompany my yoga classes.  I create each playlist to follow the flow of a class, quiet and subdued in the beginning, building in energy into the middle, slowing and quieting toward the end, then a nice long savasana.  I'm building a collection that I can rotate through.

celebrating... over the weekend my youngest son won his 99th, 100th, 101st, and 102nd varsity wrestling matches.  This is a great accomplishment!!  To brag on my oldest son for a second:  he is a key carrier for Dick's Sporting Goods and is often the manager on duty.  He is responsible for managing the store, closing at the end of the day, counting down the money and making sure the numbers are right, getting the employees out safely and locking everything up.  He's 19.

smelling... diffusing orange, lemon, and eucalyptus oils today

thanking...  I've said it a lot lately...I'm so very thankful.

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment