Tuesday, January 29, 2019

crazy kool aid

I'm sitting down to a steaming mug of honey-lavender tea.  It is late afternoon and the sun is low in the sky.  There are so many words that constantly swirl about in my mind but when I sit here in front of the screen, that blinking cursor befuddles me.

It does seem as if what I have written in my blog or what I speak of on social media and even in-person all has the same theme.  This is where my life is at the moment.  My heart is filled with thankfulness for the growth I have experienced in the last little while.  It overflows in conversation, it overflows into everything and I just can't hold it in.  I keep a personal journal and even there the common theme is joy and thanks.

There was a moment of truth where I realized I had to LET GO to be free and ever since that moment there has been so much goodness that has flooded over me and through me.  It's like everyday I'm given this gift and the joy comes and my heart smiles and I love people and I smile at them and they smile back.  When I let go the good things started happening, from little subtle things to gigantic overt things.

And I know that these changes may not make sense to some.  I've heard some murmurings.  It could seem that I've gone off the deep end.  It could seem that I'm stepping away from everything I've known.  And in a way, I am.  I lived a long time in bondage to fear and tradition.  Now, I'm learning how to live in the freedom I was intended for, that everyone is intended for.  I'm learning yet.  Not arrived.  So while I work through this, trust that I'm not crazy and haven't started drinking the crazy Kool-Aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment