Monday, October 8, 2018

currently

Maybe time for a catching up post, it's been awhile.
So here I offer you my list of currently....


Reading... The Heart of Yoga by TKV Desikachar

Cooking... The menu for this week includes:
  • pork chops with mashed sweet potatoes and broccoli  
  • beans and ham with greens and cornbread
  • shepherd's pie
  • chicken fajitas
  • white chicken chili 
Eating...  I'm under the weather so while I was out I picked up some canned vegetable soup (low sodium) and sushi (for good measure) to eat in bed under the covers for my lunch.

Doing...  This morning I met up with three of my coworkers for some hot yoga.  These girls are pretty great and it was really fun to get to sweat next to them.  I love that we can support each other and recognize each other's inherent strengths without feeling intimidated.  Girl power at it's finest!

Going...  Last week I toured an art museum.  This week I'm going to a history museum.  Yes, by myself.  No, I don't mind.  I really find myself to be stimulating company and I'm never at a loss conversationally.  Drama is at a minimum and I can stay or go whenever I desire.

Loving...  You guys, I am fulfilling a dream of mine right now as I participate in a 10 week intensive yoga teacher training class.  Classes are four nights per week.  I'm one week in and have already learned so incredibly much.  I'm humbled by what I don't know but open and eager to grow.  My fellow students bring with them a distinct energy and warmth as we travel this road together.  Really, I can't put into words how happy I am.  More to come.
 
Discovering...  My favorite woods have been changing with the seasons.  Now it is cool and rainy.  Mushrooms are prevalent and the trails smell damp, of decomposing leaves.  I have to wear more layers and not mind getting rained on but it is still so beautiful. I will never tire of going to the woods.

Enjoying...  I'm enjoying being alive, here, right now.  I'm enjoying the rainy days and the early evenings.  I'm enjoying watching people, interacting with them, learning from them.  I'm enjoying being in my skin.  I'm enjoying taking study trips to coffee shops.  I'm enjoying change and growth.

Thinking...  Mostly what I'm thinking about is sequencing yoga classes.  Our homework this week is to create a 15 minute sequence which may sound simple but it's stinkin' hard for a beginner.  In 15 minutes I need to include some centering, some warming up, a Sivananda Namaskar, a Surya Namaskara A, a Surya Namaskara B, 3 standing poses, a seated pose, and of course Savasana.  And I have to know how to verbally cue students into and out of everything.  I wake up at night sequencing, verbally cueing, and generally panicking.  Ha!  But honestly I wouldn't want to be doing anything else.

Feeling...  sick.  I don't get sick often so when I do I get really whiney about it.  So I'm going to sit here with Kleenex hanging out of my nostril because I can't sniff or blow and I'm going to be miserable until I get better which will be soon because my body is an awesome self-healing machine.

Hoping for...  sanity and grace as we traverse this Senior year with Blake.  We have cap and gown already (!).  We have financial aid and scholarships to apply for.  There will probably be some college applications coming up.  He's still talking to some military branches.  And I know that these months leading up to graduation are going to scream by and it kind of hurts, but in a good way.

Listening to...  most recently Shawn Mendes

Celebrating...  My husband's birthday is this month.  I'll gladly celebrate him because he is the best person I know.  I already have his gift tucked away a few weeks early.

Smelling...  Nothing.  Stuffed up nose.

Thanking...  I don't know, I'm just thankful.  Like ooey-gooey thankful.  I'm thankful that we were able to get my husband in for an eye exam and get some glasses ordered so he can see.  I'm thankful that we can take charge of our health with vitamins and food and oils and hydration and YOGA!  I'm thankful for cute shoes.  I'm thankful for people that are genuinely supportive in good times and bad.  I'm thankful for the ability to purchase a couple used vehicles that we really like and sell a vehicle that we didn't need any more.  I'm thankful for the list I made a year and a half ago that set about changes in my life that have brought me to where I am today with a photography business (however slow it may be) and yoga teacher training begun.  I'm thankful.

Considering...  Maybe all this positive talk would lead a reader to believe that life is just sunshine and lollipops over here but please don't be mislead.  There is stress and weariness just the same as thankfulness and joy.  There is a lot of stretching and things that are not comfortable.  But I am an eternal optimist and even if I were to list the negative things in my life I could in turn list to you why/how there is a positive attached to it, or I'd sure try to anyhow.  I'm the finder of the silver lining.

Finishing...  this post so I can go read my homework.  I have homework!!  And essays!!  And quizzes!!

Until next time ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment