Friday, June 16, 2017

the zoo

The day after he graduated high school, my boy and I went to the zoo, just the two of us.

Since he was an itty-bitty he has studied animals.  He would pour over his Killer Creatures book for hours.  He would read the animal encyclopedia to his brother and memorize the habits of various critters.  He is always my go-to resource when it concerns anything living.

So a trip to the zoo was actually kind of a big deal.

And I asked him to drive...on the freeway....in Seattle.

Good times with my boy.
















 
You've never seen so much joy until you've seen my Austin light up in the presence of river otters.  By far the highlight of his day was the time we spent with the otters.  He recorded them, he photographed them, he sat with them and just watched.
 
Have you ever tried to watch an otter and not smile?  I don't think it's possible.
 
 

 
 
I had a moment with a baby gorilla.  It was a highlight for me.
 
And the giraffes.  I was astounded my how gentle they can be.
 
Hippopotamus.  Swimming silently.  So much power.
 
And hanging out with my Austin.
 
It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment