Monday, March 7, 2016

this blessed life

It's a pink blossoms, sunny days, yellow daffodils kind of March.  The hummingbird feeders have been freshly filled and a sweet little Rufous hummingbird has been visiting every day.  The chickens are helping me keep the garden tilled and weed free until planting time.  It's coming!  Spring is just 2 weeks away.







Over the weekend we were able to go to dinner with some pretty great people.  The food was truly amazing.  I had chicken and waffles - gourmet restaurant style.  We had fondue.  We had dessert.  We talked to the chef.  We had good conversation.  Our server was someone who I've worked alongside for the past three years.  It all just worked together to create a memorable evening.

We started Saturday with cups of coffee and the weekend edition of the news.  Later we went to the mall and Value Village and had lunch with our Blake.  The afternoon was full of much needed yard work.  Then my boys and I went on a spontaneous bike ride, returning at dusk.  That time with my boys...golden.

Today's spontaneity led Aaron and I to stop in at Whidbey Coffee then head down to the beach for a little walking and talking.  That's pretty great and reminds me that I really love this guy I'm married to.  And he lets me stop and take as many pictures as I need to.  Or pick up pretty rocks.  That's love.   And after working all day, serving people, sometimes the best thing is to walk in the sand, just a few feet from the surf, hand in hand with the one you love, and thank God for this blessed life.

For dinner tonight we are having:

Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie
  • Brown 1 pound lean ground beef with some chopped onion.
  • Spread into a greased pie plate.
  • Sprinkle with 1 c. of shredded cheese.
  • In a small bowl whisk together 2 eggs, 1 cup milk, and 1/2 c. Bisquick mix.
  • Pour mixture into pie plate.
  • Bake at 400 for about 25 minutes.

This was the beach today:







 
Here's what it sounded like....



No comments:

Post a Comment