Monday, May 11, 2015

hanging on



Truth be told, life isn't sunshine and lollipops all the time.  I know this isn't news to anyone.  We all live real life.  And real life gets messy and gritty.  But real life is beautiful and full of wonder too.

Some days I feel like I'm just hanging on.  Like the end of the day comes and I reflect on my day of hanging on and feel a little accomplishment because I succeeded at that one thing.  Hanging on.

Other days are brighter, and full of joy and wonderful things, and a soul just basks in the moments and soaks it all in like a sponge because yesterday wasn't so hot and maybe tomorrow won't be either, but this day, this one is great.

It's been a season of stretching.  My spirit is weary, but joy pervades.  Faith stretches and I groan with the strain of it.  Change, inevitable by it's very nature, still catches me off guard, leaving me breathless.

I ask God for some peace in the tumult.

Some courage.

Some clarity.

Some air in my lungs.

The thing is, I know I'm not the only one.  My messy isn't any messier than yours.  My battle no more wearying.  But this is what I know:  God gives power to the faint; and to them that have no might He increases strength.

And that right there, it gets me through.







 
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength.  They shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
 
Isaiah 40:31


 

No comments:

Post a Comment