Monday, July 1, 2019

necessary and unnecessary

T minus 4 days.

The big adventure begins.

I'm using this week to wrap up packing and doing all the necessary and probably unnecessary things before being gone for a month.  Plus working at the restaurant all the days.

Necessary things a person does before leaving the country:
  • locate passport
  • pack reading material for the flight
  • begin probiotics
  • get the monthly bills paid
Unnecessary things I do before leaving the country:
  • wash my truck
  • order a case of toilet paper from Amazon
  • order an air conditioner
  • fill all the bird feeders
It's a big shift.  It's a new experience.  And I have every emotion about the whole thing.  I'll miss my faithful little dog.  I'll miss watching my chickens be their quirky chicken selves.  I'll miss seeing the wildflowers take over my garden.  I'll miss my hiking trails and my trees.  I'll miss my guys.

But when I get sad or anxious about the leaving, I think about all the new things I'm going to experience.  All the cool people I'm going to meet.  This new country I've never seen.

Until then, I'm going to hike a couple more times, soaking in my happy place.  I'm going to work three more shifts at the restaurant. I'm going to do more unnecessary things and I'm going to finish packing.  And then we'll celebrate the birthday of this beautiful country.

Stay tuned for updates from Indonesia.  I'll be posting on my Instagram and probably Facebook.  And maybe I'll even write a little here.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment