Wednesday, March 4, 2015

live well

"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson


The sun is warming my head.  I can't see the computer screen for the glare but to sit here in the warmth makes it worth it.  My Charlie dog is laying beside me, soaking up his own patch of sunshine.  It really is turning spring here.  Many trees are in full pink bloom and the daffodils have returned.  It's still too early to plant the garden as we are still getting frost in the early mornings.

My husband was able to go crabbing yesterday with the owner of the restaurant where I work.  He had a great day on the water, in the sunshine, doing a stinky, messy job.  He brought home some crab and cooked them up last night.  We'll eat them tomorrow along with some fresh mussels.

I'm so thankful for the people in our life.  The good ones have a way of proving themselves over time with consistency, perseverance, and honesty.  I love that.  I love friends and family that will tell it like it is, never veiling their heart, and not shying away from my shadows.  They make me want to be better, live better, do better.

My love affair with coffee has been very strained since my coffee fast a couple weeks back.  The taste has changed for me.  Do I dare say I almost prefer the taste of unsweetened green tea to that of my beloved Folgers?  One coffee drink I have been able to drink is the delicious Honey Latte that my husband has made for me (organic clover honey, steamed milk, espresso shots).  I look forward to trying this with some locally made lavender honey.  Doesn't that just sound yummy?

While this sunshine is tempting me to curl up and take a nap in it's warm rays, I have things to do.  Schoolwork correcting, chicken salad making, dishwasher emptying.  Later, I'm riding my bike down to Starbucks for a date with myself.  I'm going to take along my Bible and spend some time studying.  After that, I'll ride over to the middle school where my Blake has a wrestling meet.  And this evening we have church (I will not be riding there as it is 20 miles away).

Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment