Sunday, July 1, 2018

currently

reading...  Agatha Christie's The Crooked House

playing...  working on my viola skills.  It is so different than violin but also not so different.  The body is bigger, the notes are further apart on the strings, and it has the most beautiful deep, reverberating voice.  Haunting.

watching...  the last movie I watched was Coco and that took me two tries because I fall asleep so easily

cooking...  with my husband gone and my boys and I all working varying shifts it has been hard to maintain any sort of dedicated meal cooking.  Although last night I did make an actual square meal of baked chicken, mashed red potatoes, and salad.  The night before was Dairy Queen drive-thru at 10 p.m.  You win some, you lose some.

eating...  I had a turkey and bacon sandwich on nine-grain bread for dinner tonight

drinking...  recently made a sweet tea with a goji berry tea blend from a little shop in Port Townsend, it makes such a great summer iced tea!

doing... harvesting sweet peas from the garden daily, and picking fresh cherries off the tree.  This is usually done barefoot with chickens underfoot.  I love it!

going...  on a shopping trip tomorrow to buy supplies for our church picnic

enjoying...  my new computer.  It's so sleek!  Still learning all of it's capabilities.  I'm really thankful to my husband for making me promise to get this while he was gone.

thinking...  my Aaron is coming home in 19 days.  19 more sleeps.  Gah, I miss him.

feeling...  capable and strong.  And really, really tired.

listening...  Justin Timberlake, Man of the Woods album

celebrating...  my Charlie received a clean bill of health and is almost completely recovered from his vet visit.  He fell (or jumped) off my bed (I have a very tall bed) in the middle of the night and threw up on my bed in the morning but I am thinking he'll be ready for an easy hike in another day.

smelling... my favorite woods have all the best smells.  The scent of the salt water drifts through on the breeze.  And on a sunny days the air is sweet, like berries.  I can't figure out why it smells like warm berries but it is the BEST.

thankful...  That my boys are both excelling in their workplaces.  They're incredibly hard workers, dedicated and trustworthy.  It makes a parent feel good.  They've both been employee of the month this year and are constantly receiving amazing feedback. Onward and upward my boys!

planning... a girls' weekend with my bestie next month.  We're going to celebrate being 40!!  We've been friends since we were 11 so this has been a long time coming.  And neither of us acts 40 so it ought to be a riot.


That's all I've got for now.  Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Heck yeah, we'll have a blast! 😎 And no, we don't act 40....not even close! 😂

    ReplyDelete