Thursday, November 2, 2017

happy sighs




Today I am content.  Many days I am content but today has just been a little more content-esque, a little more conducive to contentedness.

It starts with the fact that there was no school today due to parent-teacher conferences.  This means that I got to lazily sleep in and it was luxurious.  I woke with just enough time to get a few household chores done, one cup of coffee enjoyed, and out the door to Maria's yoga class.

Home again and I made myself a late breakfast of chopped vegetables fried in butter and mixed with some leftover taco meat and served in crunchy taco shells.  Another cup of coffee and some journaling as I watched the rain fall.

My Blake and I went to the parent-teacher conferences.  We stopped by his French teacher's table (he's not in French this year but she adores him still).  We talked with his other teachers and all raved about my boy.  And all I can do is agree because I know how hard he works and how much he does to be as amazing as he is.

The afternoon has been spent sitting by a warm fire with a hot cup of lemon tea working on some things for my business, typing up contracts and releases.  I love every bit of it.  While the business side is intimidating (really, really intimidating) I love that this is MINE, that I am building something that I really can stand behind and be proud of.

Life lately has just been real and rewarding and exciting.

I will now explain in too many words with run-on sentences:

Real as in, everybody is working and sometimes we don't see much of each other and the dog poops in the garage and the garbage has to be taken out again and this one has a doctor's appointment and that one has a doctor's appointment too and we worry about things and there's always more to do than energy and time.  Rewarding as in, I have been having some amazing conversations with my boys and I feel like we've entered a new level of relationship that is deeper and stronger than ever before and my business has all the promise of growth that I could ask for and I've been learning and growing so much in all areas of life that I can't help but to be excited for what the future holds.  Exciting as in, at this point in growth there is no going back, I see the things that will be happening in the next little while and I am just so happy and excited and optimistic and sure that I'm doing just exactly what I need to be and there are things I can't yet share here but just be happy with me because my heart literally LEAPS with confidence and anticipation.

-happy sigh-

I need to go feed my fire and put together some dinner for my family.

Until next time!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment