Friday, July 10, 2015

garden in rain

When you arise in the morning…
 
Before my eyes opened, before my legs stirred, before I took in a deep breath to steel myself for the day, I heard rain and I listened to the gentleness of it and I imagined the dry ground soaking in each precious drop.  Then came the waking and the dressing and the drinking of coffee.  But later, I visited the garden to discover the beautiful effects the rain had made.
 
I said "good morning" to this sunflower that was enjoying it's first glimpse of day, unfurling petals slowly.






A delicate poppy, petals loaded down with droplets...

 
 
An enormous, fuzzy squash blossom...



Detail...


 
 
If you've never experienced the joy of accomplishing more than you can imagine, plant a garden.
 
Robert Brault
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment